Labels

Monday, August 27, 2012

Just waiting for Isaac...

Well, school is cancelled for two days. We've got a hurricane headed our way. While I have been through all the major storms in recent history (Katrina, Rita, Gustav, etc.) this is my first storm living alone and with Daniel out of the country. Makes me a little uneasy to be alone, but I have lots of people who have volunteered to host me if need be! Love yall.

I went back to my parents house this weekend. (Too bad school wasn't cancelled today as well. Then I could have had a long visit at home!)

My mom has been busy (with my older sister's help) redecorating and tweaking almost every room in our house.

When I moved into my own apartment back in 2006, I took my dresser and most of the items in my bedroom. My mom redecorated and then the room sat. Last time I was home, I noticed there is nothing on the walls, except one mirror (it's been this way for about 6 years. Not sure what took me so long). There was also a big open space where the dresser used to go.

Enter this piece:


This dresser used to be a light aqua green color. I remember it as part of us girls' nursery/ baby furniture.When my little sister was in high school, she began repainting it with zebra stripes. When she moved out, my mom began sanding it down to repaint but never finished. Well, she finally found a use for it! She left the drawers and top in their unfinished state, and covered the sides and trim with white paint.

I love it! It reminds me of something you might see at anthropologie. 





In other news...

I ordered my first top from Conversation Pieces after seeing it on J's Everyday Fashion (I can't find the original post, but you can see how she styled it here.) It came in the mail yesterday and I am so excited!
Image 1
Love the fun packaging! I can't wait till the weather cools off a little so I can wear this shirt!




No comments:

Post a Comment